Posts by category: Kids
Because there are many children with January birthdays who we don’t want to go without, we’re asking if you or your organization might consider one more gift?
$10 or more will make a difference here!
December 22nd, 2015 | Birthdays, Children, Corporate, Giving, Holidays, Kids, Partners, Press, Schools, Volunteers
We want to give a very special salute to the many special education students who we have chosen as our 2015 Volunteers-of-the-Year! Without their help, we never could have reached the milestone this year of having provided more than one million children with birthday gifts since Cheerful Givers began.
Each year, our Cheerful Givers Board of Directors has the challenging task of choosing someone to represent the many dedicated volunteers who are the essence of Cheerful Givers. This year, we decided to recognize all of the special education student groups who assemble our birthday bags.
In addition to these wonderful students, a huge thanks to their teachers and staff. Without their tremendous help and dedication, we never could have achieved all that we did this year.
Congratulations and Thanks to:
- Best Transition Services, Burnsville
- Bridges Transition Program, Andover
- Cedar School, Eagan
- Edison High School DCD, Minneapolis
- North Branch High School, North Branch
- Next Step Program, Woodbury
- Southwest Metro, Shakopee
- Transition Plus, Apple Valley
- Transition Plus, Minneapolis
- Vocational Evaluation & Training, Brooklyn Park
- Waconia Transition Program, Waconia
Christopher enjoyed bringing joy to children as well as collecting beanie babies. So when he died at age 28, his mother believed he would want his collection to be placed in the hands of children who would love them.
Our heartfelt sympathy to Christopher’s family, and many thanks for sharing his legacy of bringing joy to others.
Riddell recognizes the tremendous amount of need in our communities and is committed to providing support where possible.
We are happy to support Cheerful Givers with our collectible mini football helmets.
Cheerful Givers Note: Thanks to the great folks at Riddell! If you have something to donate or know of someone who might, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On Give to the Max Day Thursday, November 12, 2015, thousands of Minnesota nonprofits will come together to raise millions of dollars in just 24 hours. We know that many will be asking you for a donation this month and that 24 hours is a pretty small window. That’s why we’re excited about a feature that allows you to schedule your donation to Cheerful Givers in advance. All donations will be used to provide toy-filled birthday gift bags for kids living in poverty on their birthday. Just go to our GiveMN.org donation page to schedule your gift. Your donation will be processed automatically at 12 a.m. on November 12.
Why Minnesota Twins pitcher, Kyle Gibson & his daughter support Cheerful Givers
Your Donation Goes Further on Give to the Max Day
- We have some matching funds to double your donation!
- Every hour an individual donor will be randomly chosen by GiveMN.org to win a “Golden Ticket.” An additional $1,000 will be given to the charity that received the original donation. Pre-scheduled donations will be eligible for this as well.
- Finally at the end of the day, GiveMN.org will randomly choose one donor and that charity will receive $10,000. So your donation of $10 or more could be multiplied by a thousand!
Thank you for giving to the max today!
Thank you, Cheerful Givers
What will you be doing this Sat. Oct. 24 to make a difference? It’s Make A Difference Day, the largest national day of community service, and there is so much you can do to help! Make a donation, volunteer, spread the word — see ideas below.
Last year, Cheerful Givers was honored to be one of ten national recipients to receive a $10,000 grant for our project on Make A Difference Day from the Points of Light Foundation and USA Today. Watch clips (28.35 on video) of the highlights of the 2015 Make A Difference Day Awards Luncheon presentation by Natalie Morales of NBC’s TODAY to Cheerful Givers in Washington DC.
* Join our Birthday Club where a $10 or more donation each month provides a Happy Birthday and a lot of needed self-esteem to a less fortunate child.
* Take your family or friends shopping to purchase some gift bags and 8-10 small new toys for each bag. Have fun filling the bags with toys and then take them to a local food shelf or shelter.
* Become a Cheerful Givers volunteer! You can spend just one minute a month as a social networker promoting our cause (we provide the copy), or take a look at all of our volunteer opportunities. All are done at your own location.
Let us know how you made a difference!
We will have many birthday gift bags containing an assortment of small new toys available at no cost to organizations that serve less fortunate children on Wed. Sept. 30th between 10 am – 4 pm at AMC Sales, Inc., 3241 Winpark, Minneapolis 55427.
If you would like to pick up birthday bags, please respond by 9/21 to email@example.com indicating the name of your organization and how many you would like (no minimum or maximum). You will need to bring boxes or large plastic bags to put the birthday bags into (approximately 25 birthday bags to an average size box).
We hope you will enjoy helping to bring smiles to more children in need!
August 31st, 2015 | Birthdays, Children, Family, Kids, Volunteers
Encourage your team to go out for lunch, enjoy happy hour or make a date for dinner. It’s all for a great cause!